7. De Eendragt - Unity / Unité (workshop active from 1799 - 1808 and continued from 1808-1830), Also was run under the names of Sanderson / Zonnebeek / Foppe / Valk / Bouvet. Located at Oude Delft 4-10 stretching in the back to Koornmarkt 11-13.
This workshop was created after the Trade mark book (Merkenboek) was written. Marks are neither shown by Jean Justice, 1901.
A serious collector of Delftware will attempt to identify and date the object. On Delft blue plates and other Delftware objects such as jugs, a potters mark may give a first indication. One should always treat potters marks with caution. Marks must be considered as just one indication.
Masters & apprentices
All masters and apprentices working at this workshop had to be inscribed in the Delft St Luke Guild Book. In 1877 this book was published in a 120 page text by Obreen. In 2002 this text has been scanned and is now available and fully searcheable on this internet site. See the yellow field on top; first click the heading Delft Artists & Patrons and then click Obreen. The full text is in Dutch. Spelling varies; in order to find masters or apprentices of a faience workshop (plattielbackers, plateelbacker, platielbacker) search for the letters "plat".
Full presentation at http://www.xs4all.nl/~kalden Email the author at email@example.com
All questions about identifying, dating, valuing, buying and selling: please go to www.Aronson.nl.
Notes: Thanks to the Delft Archives Staff for their help and enthusiasm. A well researched two volume book on Delftware is Marion S. van Aken-Fehmers et al, Delfts Aardewerk, Geschiedenis van een nationaal product, published jointly by Waanders, Zwolle & Gemeentemuseum, Den Haag, 1999 (part 1) and 2001 (part 2). Mark shown in Jean Justice, 'Dictionaire des marques et monogrammes de la faience de Delft', Gand/Gent 1901.
How did they make Delft blue faience? text in English
Hoe maakte men Delfts blauw plateel? Tekst in het Nederlands.
Visit The Hague municipal Gemeentemuseum site on Delft Blue.
Latest address location information was added from W. Hoekstra-Klein, Geachiedenis van de Delftse Plateelbakkerijen, vols 1 - 11. Published by the Stedelijk Museum 'Het Prinsenhof' Delft.
This page launched January 2002. Last update 25 October 2016.